View Single Post
      04-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #44
jns_e85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '05 X3 2.5i, '06 z4M, '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJZ4MR View Post
Hey All, I've enjoyed reading this thread, having all the same thoughts on this as you all did seven years ago. Fairly new to my Z4M and just completed my 2nd AX. I'm looking at my next mods which will probably be suspension. Are any of you still owning these cars ? Hi Finnegan and Kitty, I know you're still out there.
I autox my Z4mr and so does a local buddy. Both of us are competitive (him more than me since he has had his M longer and is more experienced with it) with local BMW and Miata clubs, and are both on stock suspension. Honestly, suspension should be the last thing your considering doing atm. Best mods right now would be more seat time, better tires, more seat time, better alignment with more camber, and even more seat time.

This car is a bit of a handful and you will get better the more events you do. Quick comparison, I had the opportunity to drive an M2 at M school last year in autocross exercises, and while its an amazing car and handles very well in stock form, the Z4M is more of a challenge in the same setting.

The only things I have actively changed for autocross was a 17" square set up since I'm cheap and desire to rotate tires since I do about 14 autox events a year (Kosei K1 with 255/40/17 200tw tires and spacers if your wondering) and added the turner camber shim kit for more front camber, which also was a pretty cheap mod. Also, did I mention more seat time?

Start with better tires and a better alignment then go do more events! Remember, seat time is the best mod you can buy

2017 M2 - Camber Hubs, MPE, and some other goodies
2006 Z4M - Epic Tune / Eventuri CAI / Euro Headers / Stromung / FA 500 / AS SSK / Arc 8s
2004 Z4 3.0i - Gone, but not forgotten!
Appreciate 0