View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
No problem. I posted in the "wheels" section rather than photos section because I thought there might be some technical discussion around fitment. Keep "derailing" as needed!
As you wish

Quote:
Are you appealing the class for the Z4M? I may run a 255/35 265/35 set up at some point.
I wrote a letter to the SEB awhile ago (September 21st). And got a response back from explaining this:

Quote:
Kyle xxxx,
Your letter has been reviewed by the Street Touring committee, and a recommendation has been made to the SEB. The SEB will review your letter and the Street Touring committee's recommendation on their next conference call. Your letter details are below:
I checked the status of me letter today, #9268, and got this:

Quote:
Letter number #9268 has been reviewed by the Street Touring committee, and sent to the SEB for final review.
Basically, I asked for them to consider the Z4M for a class in ST. Since we are limited to AS/BSP/RTR...adding coilovers will bump me to BSP (which I do not want to mod to).

I'm speculating that our car will get classed into STU, which means the mods I have planned will fit perfectly. Does it mean I'm going to be competitive? Eh we'll see. It sure beats trying to be fast with no camber in RTR. Either way though, coilovers and a square set-up are coming. I'd rather have a fun and fast car that may do so-so in PAX versus a car that I just have to deal with.

There was no mention of my letter # in the November fastrack, so look for it in December!

(If you want to write a letter explaining the same thing it will help the cause )

Quote:
Yes, they will fit. There's a 17 x 9.5 ET35, and a 17 x 10 ET25.

Colakitty is running 17s (but 10.5 rear). I wonder if there are any concerns with the larger sidewall, flex, and tire movement? Sidewall design, and rim width would help manage this though.
There would be extra sidewall, but I never considered sidewall deflection. If you're maintaining accurate rollover (at the arrows) I see now harm in more sidewall. It may decrease some feel and response maybe?

Only reason I'd get 17s is the shed weight. Since they don't have 9.5" front and rear, I'm going to stick with 18s.

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, lots of variables. But worth thinking through, along with objectives and needs, to get the best fit and performance.
Agree, it's more so of just throwing as much tire as you can get on the wheel...as we all discussed prior

Last edited by Kgolf31; 11-14-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0