View Single Post
      06-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #14
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Clear Bra / Reflector Delete

My 2006 M Roadster had a clear bra. With 18K on the clock it still looked new. My Coupe had a little over 20K at the time, and it already had a few good sized rock chips, holes from a CA license plate, and some rash on the fangs.

Looking back at photos of the roadster, I decided to bite the bullet and give the coupe a face lift.

This is what I had done:
1. Front reflector delete (they were molded in with a plastic epoxy kit, no bondo)
2. Repair holes from license plate
3. Repair rash on bumper fangs
4. Re-paint bumper and blend into hood / fenders
5. Installation of complete clear bra

The work was performed by Scott’s Coach Works inc. They warranty their work for life, and they are very good a putting up with very picky customers, “If you are not satisfied, we will re-do the work until you are” was the response I got after badgering the staff for an hour.

In the end I was very happy with the paint work. The car came back to me fully detailed. This was completely un-expected and I would have turned it down for fear that some hack would do a crappy job. As it turned out, the car looked like it came right off of the showroom floor. The only item that fell short of perfection was the clear bra. It was not perfect and would need to be redone.

The photos below I took yesterday and the car is very dirty. I only washed the front to get some good photos of the bumper area. The rest of the car is covered in a thick layer of that wonderful AZ dust.
Attached Images

Last edited by crfine88; 07-05-2010 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0