View Single Post
      09-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Mcargo
Rep
Drives: M

wow this is great thank you for replying so fast! this is good info to have so perhaps if I up my cash spend by about 1.5-2K it may be getting me in the car i want. I don't want to call anyone and be lowballing or offending them.

Im more than happy to make a drive for this car, iv give myself about a 1500 mile radius for the search. that would be about a two day return home so 250-300 in gas and i use some hilton points along the way.

The right seller and timing will be key. Whats motivating this seller? Did they buy this car new cash and now the guys at the country club giggle as they pass by in their new Porsche? (this a thought of motivation not an invitation to debate wether the M is better than a Porsche LOL)Time for a new ride but the wife says sell your other toy first? I think there are some people that want to sell but just don't want to get jacked by the dealers trade in price and would be happy with a 2-3K over trade. I needed a larger car and traded in my M3 for 18K and it was on the lot the next day for 28999. I know the dealers have plenty of room to play but don't seem to want to play ball plus Im not the worlds best negotiator. One thing that seem to be very common is that im seeing these cars sit on one lot for about 2 months the got to auction and sit on another lot. Im not sure exactly what this means but im guessing that dealers are asking more than the market is willing to pay?

I think iv looked at the silver one in Poway, im not too keen on the red interior but it could grow on me

thanks again everyone!

Last edited by Mcargo; 09-15-2012 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 0