United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax543210 View Post
Further details.
They had to rebuild the a/c air box and install new actuators. One of the plastic shafts that moves the flaps snapped off and some plastic gears were broken as well. To access and repair/replace the parts they had to take the dash out of the car.

If not under warranty it would have been 15 hours of labor at $130 an hour plus $400 for parts, so well over $2000.

So out of pocket, I would recommend living with the clicking noise or seeing if an indy shop can repair just the gears or actuators without taking all of the interior out of the car. Some things can be accessed by removing the panels under the dash by the footwell as well as the glove box, while other stuff requires better access.
Holy shit! That is one expensive noise fix! You never noticed any flow issues from the HVAC I take it? This is a good find and I imagine all Z4 owners may eventually have this issue, coupe and roadster.