View Single Post
      03-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
Jax543210
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Did you by any chance get any water in the car from this? I have a recurring wet spot on my carpet, drivers side right below where the hood release handle is, up against the sill............... rained hard today while at work and driving home............... carpet was wet again .............. not a flood, but enough, about 4 inches long along the sill right under the speaker and hood release. I hate trying to isolate these things
No, but I would say it's possible because as I was driving today without the plug (and the cover above the pedals still removed) and I held my hand up against the hole. At highway speeds air pushes through the hole. After driving when the car is parked gobs of engine heat comes through that hole. And a leaf blower was able to blow lawn clippings into the cabin through that hole. So if your wheel arch plastic or your under carriage plastic covers let some water through then I can see water making its way through the hole, although it's probably not the cause of your leak.

Based on your description and looking at other posts in the forums, many cases of water intrusion in the footwell area that you described seem to come from the door. Although it can't hurt to remove a dozen screws and take a look above your pedals.
Appreciate 0