View Single Post
      07-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #42
zukunftvier
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 3.0si ; 2009 328i

Reposting this in case it got lost amid recent posts:

OP here. You've given me a lot to consider. Some additional thoughts over the past days:

- The thing I love about the z4 is definitely that it is "cool", but the important part is probably that I get excited every time I drive it. Heck, I get excited every time I take trash to the garage and look at it. I go look at it when I don't have trash to take out.

- I need a second car to use with kids in the car, or in the winter. In both cases, I am probably not going to be winding the car up like I do the z4. This is the crux of my question here: Is there a winter car with 4 seats that will be as exciting as the z4? I want that to be an M2/M3/M4 (yes, the 435 is also cool enough). Is an X3M exciting?

- Stopped at the local dealer yesterday. M2/M3/M4 are great. And expensive. If I had to pick a used one to bring the cost down, which year(s) should I look for or avoid? 2014 M235i looks like it might be a fit, but RWD only.

- I've always liked the Miata, but I already have a two-seater. I /almost/ took the z out for an HPDE day last week, but bailed out because I didn't want to risk damage to my baby. I read about someone doing track days in a Miata and just flooring it almost continuously. So maybe there's room for a track-day Miata in my future.

Thanks for the non-BMW suggestions too!
Appreciate 0