View Single Post
      05-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #5
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I had this problem on my Z4 M Roadster last summer. I had a total knee replacement in May and wasn't driving the car for several months because I couldn't get in or out of it until my knee got back to normal and I could flex it again. This also caused the battery to run down.

I was also having electrical problems because of a bunny that had taken residence under the hood and gnawed through some wires, and the BMW Assist button under the center console crapped out causing the audio system to not function. My indie mechanic explained that a low battery situation can affect some systems negatively and the DHTML system was one of those. After I got my battery charged up, my indie mechanic cleared the codes and explained the problem, saying that it might or might not go away. Once the wires were fixed and the other problems resolved, clearing the codes seemed to work and I haven't had any problems since.

Appreciate 1