View Single Post
      07-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #64
Skelekitty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 Imola Red Z4 MCoupe

Garage List
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
Skelekitty is a character I made up in 2005 as a joke when I was asked to donate a piece of art to a cat rescue's annual auction/fundraiser. I thought it would be hysterically funny to donate a Dia de los Muertos** skeleton cat catching a skeleton mouse for a kitty rescue. That's just how I roll. Here's the art quilt that started it all:

A friend of mine saw it and said "Get ready to make these for the rest of your life." He was not kidding. Since then, I've made art quilts, drawings & paintings of Skelekitty and even think of her as a separate entity. She has her own website (skelekitty.com) AND her own line of rubber art stamps. I've also branched out into a line of "Skelecritters," doing several skele-doggy portraits for people.

Oh, and did I mention this?

**Dia de Los Muertos is the Mexican celebration "Day of the Dead" remembering the lives of those who have passed on - no, I'm not a Latina (how white is "Sandvik?"), but I am a California native and used to live in San Francisco's Mission District aka Latin American neighborhood.

Eisenmann Sport Exhaust | RE X-Pipe | RE Transmission Mounts
Appreciate 0