SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
I generally don't leave the top down when the car is unattended in public, parked overnight even at my house, or if its parked in the direct hot sun. Parking in public top down worries me - I don't want to be the victim of a hater who may toss garbage or a lit cigarette butt into the car. Based on occasional reports here and on other Z forums, there are folks out there who would probably do such a thing and get a kick out of it.
My previous car was an S2000. I had it for 13 years and used to leave the top open all the time when it was parked. After I had the top replaced at 10 years I used to put the top up when it was parked but I would leave the windows down, unless I was just making a quick stop somewhere. It wasn't until two years ago that I parked with the top down and someone threw a little plastic container of tzatziki sauce that opened up and splashed all over the passenger seat. That's the only act of vandalism I've experienced with that car.

However, the BMW roundel tends to set some people off even more, but I still park it with the top up and windows down.

Appreciate 0