View Single Post
      11-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #11
cooots
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

That would be great if you could do that dubsesd!

Out of curiosity, I actually installed a pair of these 8-LEDs in the roof light afterward (2xreading lights)...
Name:  LED4.jpg
Views: 10429
Size:  15.7 KB

They fit fine through the reading lights holes, but not through the centre light hole??? must be slightly different diameter (or maybe it was just me). Not necessarily an issue though because, as XMetal mentioned previously, you can easily remove the glass and reverse-install the LEDs without any hassles. Or dremel the LED down a bit.

I did find that these LEDs were more closer to the brightness of the standard globes. Although I was happy with the ones I got with the ebay kit, I figure I might aswell keep these new ones in.

Moral of the story - if your not satisfied with the brightness of the LED roof lights, or any of the other LED lights for that matter, just spend an extra couple of bucks to get an LED with more lights on it to replace it.

A bit of trial and error may be required to satisfy your lighting preferences - no big deal. The results are definitely worth it and you'll probably never have to change the LED again.

Last edited by cooots; 11-05-2011 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0