n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
You solo'ed for that event ONLY...

I don't want you to get take this the wrong way, but if this is going to be your 'second HPDE' and you don't have an instructor in the car, I don't want to be on the track at the same time as you.
I can see it from your angle because people in the States don't know how to drive. I don't fit into that category and I guess I'll explain why. I've driven 75 laps on the Nurburgring without an instructor and I usually go around there anywhere from 8:15 to 8:30 BTG depending on traffic with the best time of 8:07 in light traffic. Maturity, I fly a 20 million dollar aircraft (AH-64D Apache Longbow) for the US Army. So, I fully understand your concerns but I am definitely not your typical student at a HPDE. I lapped VIR Full at 2:15 three times during my solo session on street tires, not your Nitto barely legal street tire, Continental Contisportcontact 5p. Not to mention I was coasting and braking early because my right front caliper was showing signs of leakage. My top speed for the session was 140 but the 2:15 laps, I was maxing at 137 on the back straight. So, I think you are coming to this event in May too right? Maybe what I've written will change your mind about being on track with me at the same time. If it doesn't, well, the problem doesn't lie with me.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0