View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #37
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bol View Post
They're saying around 1500kg (around 3300lbs).
That could mean anywhere from actually 1,500kg to 1,599kg (it's still "around" it).

I'm willing to stake my professional reputation on this. It won't be lighter than the 135i. And if it is there's something else to worry about. If it actually IS lighter than it means none of the typical ///M magic when it comes to suspension upgrades made it into the car, and it likely only has stiffer springs and slightly tuned (heck, even same) dampers, without beefier, longer control arms and stiffer bushings all around AND a reinforced and redesigned subframe typical of older ///M offerings. Unless the whole body is clad in CF it's just not possible, and if the whole body is clad in CF then the car would be in 6 digit range.

And this thing still won't last more than 30 minutes on a track. Not with the N5X engine.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0