View Single Post
      12-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
bol
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
No way in hell will it come in lighter than the current 135i, which already weighs 3,450 lbs.

It'll probably weigh 3,600 lbs. 0-60 won't be mid to low 4's either. If BMW ///Marketing is anything to go by, the 1M will barely scratch 4.7 as the official number. They're not stupid enough to make a 1er faster than their M3 in 0-60 time.
They're saying around 1500kg (around 3300lbs) but I still don't see how it could be any lighter than the existing 135i, not with that body kit and uprated parts. They're comparing it to the E46 M3 which is appropriate as the current generation 335i's and 135's will already outperform that car in power but don't provide near as satisfying of a driving experience.

Having driven both the N54 and N55 in both the current 1 series and 3 series the N54 is a far superior engine in driveability and it's unfortunate that BMW seems to be reserving that for their 'higher end' models; the 335is and now the 1M.

I seriously contemplated a 1M instead of the Z4M and took an extended test drive of the current 135 and it was very disappointing, I didn't like anything about that car other than the gearbox and it made my passenger physically ill from its driving dynamics.

If I was looking for a sports luxury coupe that could carry four I'd take the current M3. The back of the 1 is useless for any adult passenger.

The Z4 M Coupe was the logical choice.
Appreciate 0