View Single Post
      12-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #8
daveysew
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '91 318is/'05 Z4 SC/'18 440ix

Keep in mind that your car is a US car (I believe that's what you meant by imported), which were being offered in the low 40's by non-BMW (independent) used car dealers advertised in the trader. When I bought mine last month they were pretty firm with $41k being as low as they'd go. CPO Canadian cars (with the extra 2 years of warranty) from BMW dealers are being offered between $45-50k. Due to it being a US car you will find it has less value than a Canadian car. Not that there is anything wrong with a US vehicle, they just have a lower value than Canadian car (and motorcycles for that matter). Also you need to keep in mind that the dealer offer is based on you giving them cash for another vehicle also your trade in value will affect the discount on the price of the new vehicle purchased (higher trade in value, less discount on cost of new vehicle). I'm sure a cash offer from the dealer, I one would be given at all would be significantly lower. If you can hold off requiring the downpamyent for the house purchase (long closing date) until the spring you'll probable be able to get a bit more money for your M. GL with the sale.
Appreciate 0