03-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughett View Post
You are lucky they noticed this on your car. I thought my dealer was pretty good but they really let me down here. My warranty ran out in January, two months after I got my Inspection I. Three weeks ago, I pro-actively replaced the engine mount bolts and while I was down there, I noticed that my PS hose had quite a bit of fluid on it and you could see that it had dripped on the panel below. The next time I was at the dealer I asked my SA why they didn't check and/or replace the PS hose while the car was in for the Inspection 1. He first looked very puzzled and when I told him how I found the leaky hose his comment was "I didn't know the M cars had hydraulic PS". Makes me wonder if the tech that did the Inspection I ever removed the panel to check. The PS resevoir sits down so low, if you aren't looking for it you probably won't find it. Oh well, what can I do now?
I think I would go back to the dealer, remind them that you have been a good and loyal customer for years, and politely but firmly suggest to them that, as this should have been picked up By them in the inspection and replaced under the warranty, they should look after it now.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0