View Single Post
      03-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho-one View Post
Well my M coupe is at the dealer for inspection I. Probably my last inspection before the warranty runs out in August. I got a 135 for a loaner. So far so good I guess, Detailed report to follow.

During the initial inspection, they found the power steering was leaking (I' never noticed or would have suspected) and are replacing the power steering hose.
You are lucky they noticed this on your car. I thought my dealer was pretty good but they really let me down here. My warranty ran out in January, two months after I got my Inspection I. Three weeks ago, I pro-actively replaced the engine mount bolts and while I was down there, I noticed that my PS hose had quite a bit of fluid on it and you could see that it had dripped on the panel below. The next time I was at the dealer I asked my SA why they didn't check and/or replace the PS hose while the car was in for the Inspection 1. He first looked very puzzled and when I told him how I found the leaky hose his comment was "I didn't know the M cars had hydraulic PS". Makes me wonder if the tech that did the Inspection I ever removed the panel to check. The PS resevoir sits down so low, if you aren't looking for it you probably won't find it. Oh well, what can I do now?

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0