Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zubydafa View Post
SOS

I have inspection due this month and am at the shop right now. I passed inspection but they can't do emissions because it's in a not ready mode? Like it didn't fail but they can't do anything because it's reading not ready. I thought the tune was supposed to let you pass emissions...

Not sure what to do
Provided you received the tune as ordered, your car needs to go through a full proper "drive cycle" to make sure all sensors are tested for and in ready state.

These DMEs are a bit tricky since depending on how you drive, what time of speed, length of time, interval, etc...will really determine when your car is in ready state.

For example, when I was 100% catless, it took my car literally near 1000 miles to finally register I had no cats. Another time when I switched to another set of catless headers, it took just a couple hundred. So you can see how much it varies on when your car goes through it's diagnostics.

In the end, this tune can get you to pass to OBDII Readiness. I know of quite a few cases where it has. All in various States, including PA, if my memory serves me right.
Appreciate 0