View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Summit is a blast, one of my favorite tracks. As long as you have enough meat on your pads/tires and have fresh fluids you’ll be fine. It’ll be cold this weekend so add 2-3 more psi than you normally would but after that, just leave it alone. You can monitor pressures and see tire wear over the day but for your first time out shouldn’t be a real concern.Get to know the track, learn the line, get familiar with flag stations and your turn in reference points. Listen to your instructor and make sure to hit driver’s meeting and any classroom sessions.

Only stuff/tools I’d bring:

Torque wrench
Pressure gauge
Painters Tape (cover the headlights, # on door)
Bottles of water
Lawn chair (if it’s too cold you can wait inside your car or the classroom)

Don’t worry about lap times or chasing down other cars. Just keep the visor down and look out for the flags (groundhogs, turtles and every once in a while deer make their way on track). Yet despite all that I’ll still go back every year!

For lunch, hit up Rail Side market. Forgot which direction it is (left or right coming out of track) but if you don't see it within the first 2 mins you went the wrong way. I think it's a right coming out but they have the best sandwiches for dirt cheap.