10-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #8
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK
You are WAY overthinking it. I've instructed hundreds of noobies at a dozen tracks, and the ones I have most trouble with are the ones that have their head full of "stuff." Be it worrying about how their car is going to handle the track, if they set their tire pressure right, have they gotten the right shock settings...etc.

The ones that have the most fun and learn the quickest, are the ones that show up in a car that require zero prep work, ready to go from session one, with zero expectations of their own skills.

The reason why this is so, is because there's literally a data overload on the first few events. There's so much information that comes at you at such a high speed that involves all your senses, plus all the processing your brain needs to do with all that info, that the vast majority of people gets overwhelmed and their brain shut down. They go into vapor lock and stop listening and processing.

My suggestion? Stop worrying. Go. Have fun. Clear your head of everything that's been troubling you for the last week. Set the car up the week BEFORE the event and forget it. Don't worry about anything, as long as your wheels are torqued, your oil level is fine, your coolant level is fine, and your tires are holding pressure before, you're good. Process all that stuff that happens at the DE after.
Great advice!
Thanks guys
Appreciate 0