SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCoupe View Post
Finally got my wheels and tires mounted. Apex 18 inch Arc-8 anthracite 9.5 inch rear rim with 275/35 and 245/40 on 8.5 inch front. No rubbing. Stock suspension. This size preserves the original rolling diameter.
I have this exact setup, using Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. At full lock (left or right), I get slight rubbing on the front fender liners. When turning right, the outside edge of the tire touches the driver side fender liner, and vice-versa. The tires are touching the little access panel cover.

These are brand new fender liners and seem properly installed. Is this normal? Didn't think 245/40/R18 on an 8.5 inch front ARC-8 wheel would be pushing the limit here. It only happens at or near full lock, but still...
I don't think that is normal. I have Michelin super sports and there is plenty of room at full lock. Stock size 225/45 tires up front is 25.9 inches in diameter and 802 revolutions per minute. A 245/40 is actually smaller diameter at 25.7 inches and 809 revolutions per minute. Make sure your rims are the correct offset. Or it could be that the 4S tires are slightly wider than the super sports.
Appreciate 0