Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
ESS chose the V3si because of the following:
* it's a reliable unit
* cheap maintenance
* Internally lubricated with proof of no overheat issues on the track
* lower output temperature than other supercharger
* lower torque protects engine STOCK internals
* very reliable unit :P

the ROTREX C38-91 will deliver more power and torque in the mid-range but will require engine oil feeding and recirculation, probably a cooler, will generate hotter output temps, expensive to rebuild while the V3si can be rebuilt for like 300$ if your warranty is up or if anything wrong ever happens to it.

The max out choice would be the ROTREX VC38-91, the safe and good amount of power choice will be the V3si.

Thats how i understood it after some discussions with multiple parties that are very technically inclined.
Great information! All I know is that whether VT1-445, VT1-455, VT2-500, vT-2-550....they're all brutally fast and way more power than I can handle

One thing about the Vortech V3Si and ESS kits is how the power is delivered. I think it mimics the natural power curve the S54B32 fairly well with it's progressional strength increasing as you reach the top end. I talk to a lot of friends who have various kits with the V3Si and they all like how the power is very predictable and controllable.
Appreciate 0