06-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylo View Post
What did the shipping cost to get the unit to the US? How hard was the install?

Phil
Phil, literally the install took 20 minutes tops (including removing/installing console).

The cost shipped was £105.98 shipped or $170.10 Canadian (similar to USD).

By far the best mod I have spent dollars on so far.

www.gap-tech.co.uk

Features
Dual module gives you both the "One Touch Hood" and "Remote Control Hood" features in one device.

Micro - controlled roof module for the BMW Z4 E85 roadster 2003 - 2008.

Operate the roof using your existing BMW key fob.

Three clicks of the unlock button will open the windows, drop the roof and then put the windows back up, all as you approach the car or load up the trunk.

Two clicks of the unlock button followed by one click of the lock will cause the windows and roof to raise and lock the car.

Because you are not clicking twice on the lock button your interior movement or tilt sensors will not get disabled as will occur with other remote modules.

A single click of either button while the roof is moving will cause the roof to halt its movement.

Also incorporates the One Touch Hood function.

No need to hold your dash buttons down to operate the roof, simply press for 0.5 seconds and then let go.

The roof will continue on its own whilst you pull away from a red light, maneuver into/away from a parking space or change the CD.

A quick press of either button when the roof is moving will cause the hood to halt.

Microprocessor controlled for trouble free and flexible operation.

Very simple to install, only five wires to connect. No need to cut any existing wiring.

12 month's warranty. Rapid email support, 7 days a week.

Supplied with all fixings and detailed installation instructions with pictures.

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0