View Single Post
      10-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #26
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
Sorry beta, but I wish you understood the concepts without having to google everything. I was waiting for: the boost loss could be easily remedied with a pulley change, etc. Both systems have heat soak, but I'll take the air to water especially in the cooler winters where I live. As for the space problem, ess charges an additional $2k for the Z4M kit versus the E46 M3 kit because of different intercooler piping, etc. so for $2k extra, would you pick ess over VF? That's what made my decision for going with VF very easy.
You're the one that's not getting it. Please re-read my posts and don't assume that because I can google I'm not understanding the material. Air-to-air is more efficient and results in lower charge temperature (unless you use ice water), if you don't get why you didn't read my posts or don't grok physics. Yes you have a little bit of boost loss, but it's made up by the lower charge temperature.

As to which kit? I'm still on the fence, IMO all the kits have pros and cons. I don't like that ESS won't sell you the intercooler separately and you have to buy stage 2.

My ideal kit would be:
a. Stealth. No logos, all textured black, OEM looking.
b. Air-to-Air intercooler.
c. ASA-like blower that produces tons of torque at low boost, but does not require you to cut into the engine oil.