04-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
nekky
Wagon life
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 328d M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
i always worry when i see posts like this....

I'm running a 9.5" rear ET23 18", and let me tell you this is literally FLUSH with the fender, so when i read "it fits fine" I'm not sure what your/my idea of fine is, are we saying it'll bolt and and no rub with lots of camber out back, because let me tell you an 10.5 in rear ET20 WILL rub when used properly and under full compression......from how my current setup fills the fender i don't see how it can't tbh???

educate me nekky!!
Hey dub! I think the reason your wheel sits flush and you think it will rub is because, iirc, you are running an OEM E92 M3 rear tire in 265/40/18, are you not? That aspect ratio is "much" too tall for a roadster. What I mean to say is, it's not wrong, but for the purpose of fitment and looks, it is. The tire accounts for the rubbing, DEFINITELY not your wheel size.

I run a 10.5" +22 wheel on a 275/35/18 Hankook RS3 with around -2.0* of camber in the rear on KW Clubsports. It fits PERFECT with no rub and looks the part. I'll post a pic later when I can snap one in the garage. The car is dirty but you'll see what I mean.

Height of 275/35/18 = 96.25mm
Height of 265/40/18 = 106mm

Big difference.
Appreciate 0