01-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Awesome! we should meet up sometime always a pleasure to meet a fellow enthusiast!

I’m near Naperville rd and 75th street.

anyway, i may have been overexcited and to say success right at the moment is only a half truth, but to have the car start and drive meant we are on the right track, their are just a few more codes that we have to work around, they dont hamper the drive but throw a code and the light and we dont want that.

again this is not a tune but a reprogram of the ECU using bmw SI engine programming with SI tuning on top of that, so you will need the 3 stage manifold before you get the reprogram + tune.

im kind of the guini pig at the moment and taking a risk using my engine as the lab rat as it where.

once i have a completed ECU i will take it to the dyno and swap between stock and reworked ECU to show gains.
I'm at the opposite end of town out near Rt. 59 and 95th Street. We should for sure meet up some time. A few friends and I are going to try to organize a few Cars & Coffee type events for Sunday mornings this spring/summer probably in the parking lot of Bar Loui/Rosebud, theres a Starbucks there. We actually had an event planned there last fall and had about 40 guys from other boards(mostly MB and Porsche) commited but there were severe thunderstorms that morning. Mine is parked for the winter and currently undergoing some mods(exhaust, front lip spoiler, springs, shocks, intake, wheels and tires) I hope to have it all buttoned up by mid Feb.

Do you tune yourself or are you working with Eurocharged or someone?
Appreciate 0