View Single Post
      09-17-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
JCz04Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

TRMotorsport Wheels En Route!

So I finally pulled the trigger on a new set of wheels. I've been running 19" SSR Comp-H's, which I loved both because of their looks and weight, but I felt it was time to go to something a bit more intelligent for track days and city driving.

I went with the following wheels/tires...

TRMotorsports MT1 18x8.5 +44 & 18x9.5 +35
Dunlop Star Specs 255/35/18 & 275/35/18

I was very close to going with the 18x9 +35 wheels up front but decided against that fitment because I didn't feel it would offer me any benefits. They're about .5lbs heavier, have a slightly too aggressive offset and wouldn't allow me to run any wider of a tire up front. A 255 tire seems to be the limit for the Z4MC and that size works on an 8.5" wheel. Perfecto.

I'll likely run a 5mm spacer up front to make the offset effectively 39mm but I'll have to see how the 255 tire behaves on a stock suspension with goofy-wide springs and stock alignment. I may NEED to pull those alignment pins! I may run a 5mm or 7mm spacer in the rear to make the offset either +30 or +28, respectively. But, again, I'm going to see how they bolt up and take it from there.

Stay tuned for pictures...