Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3.2mc View Post
front: 8.5" et35
rear 9.5" et20

they were not the avant garde wheels; rather, the BM528's from **********s' "replica" section. the biggest difference in appearance vs. the OE m5 wheel and the avant gardes is the profile of the face of the spokes. the BM528's have a sharp transition between the vertical portion of each spoke and the part that dives in towards the hub. the OE wheels and avant gardes are much smoother in transition.

so... mlawfl11... not sure why the fretting. it seems like you're a bit panicked. the avant gardes will need extra neg camber to sit flush and you'll want to be careful about what tires you use. if you're concerned about the setup, i suggest checking out what avant garde used for their AW m coupe with the m359's as has the exact specs you'll need for the m355's you've ordered. or contact elliot at **********s... he's quite good at what he does.

-eric
Thanks Eric. BTW, congrats on the recent purchase. Your car looks great.

This is my second go around with a Z4MC. I leased one back in 07 and loved it. When the leased ended, I leased a '09 Z4 35i and missed the z4m every time I drove it. When that lease ended this February, I bought an 07 Z4MC with 21,500 miles and added a Rogue exhaust and AA tune. So naturally it was time to upgrade the wheels....

I received the m355's but they feel a bit heavy and seem to stick out just a little too much in the front. The backs look great. Also, there is some rubbing from the front when I go in reverse with the steering fully locked (i.e., pulling out of a parking spot). The tire set up used was 245/35/19 & 275/30/19 Hankook v12.
Appreciate 0