View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #16
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruscoupe View Post
By orange are you talking about amber? AFAIK, I think most states require the light emitted on front turn signals to appear white or amber, and rear turn signals must appear to emit red or amber. So technically, a car couldn't have a solid red flashing turn signal.

The reason I say "appear to emit" is that on the 330ci I had, I replaced the amber covers with clears but then just went with amber bulbs instead of clear bulbs to achieve the same thing.

I'm not sure any state would allow a red blinking blinker. In Texas, it's not just an issue of getting pulled over but they won't pass you on the annual inspection.
You have already been corrected by others, but as this thread is only about the rear light clusters I figured I didn't need to specify front or back. Yes by orange I mean amber(same color IMHO). Still have not heard an answer- do the signals appear amber or red when flashing? I remember some S class M-B which had lenses that were red when driving, but the turn signal showed amber when activated.
Appreciate 0