View Single Post
      12-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #38
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I can relate. The Vortech loves the high rpm. There is a difference in the midrange power though.

I don't think one kit is significantly better than the other, but I didn't have to go through any kind of install process or deal with tech support with either kit. Only end state.

I will say that in the end, you get what you pay for. I had an awesome shop (Precision Sport Industries) do the G-Power install, and it has worked almost flawlessly for the past 17k miles (my issues were a BPV bracket that popped off, and a rattling intake... both of which could be due to worn motor mounts and were very minor). The previous owners of my ESS car spent a fortune on it, and it shows.

Readers should understand that it's not about peak power versus price that makes a kit more enjoyable... "this kit makes x horsepower for y dollars". There's look, sound, feel, and overall power through the rpm band too. I don't think one can go wrong with either kit, but they are certainly different. The only time peak power matters is under ideal conditions on a dyno or drag strip, for bragging rights on the internet. I'm ok with other cars being faster, because at a point, you have enough. There will always be someone faster. I'm not so sure they're happier. 20 years ago, both cars would have been at the top of the supercar/exotic spectrum. Fun is still fun, no matter what other cars can do. The point is, where do you want your power, and how do you want the car to drive? If you want it to be aggressive and come on hard, the G-Power kit is for you. If you are looking for something that drives like a jet with seemingly infinite top end, go for the ESS car.
do you have fr8dog's old car? I think he put down an 11.8 quarter mile in that thing