Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub
id like to see a run with a comparable spec ESS / VFE car. Your also running in ideal circumstances for the tq rich g-power setup. run them from like 30-130 where you need
run through a few gears, but considering the mod differences, this seems about right.

G-power setup sounds better imo, i was hoping you'd rev the ESS car a few more times, not to keen on the placement of the air filter on g-power thats sucking in hot air from the engine bay, i love to see some logs of AIT and AFR for either car, the less one position sucks as it means bumper off for servicing but its getting our fresh air where it sits.

Very cool thread pokey, one of the most interesting I've seen for a while.

Both cars could do with an engine detail however :-P

FYI - the ess cars plastic intake is in the wrong orientation, you shouldn't see that rubbing spot from the hood on it.

basically each kits has pluses and minus's imo...
The purpose of the single gear pull was to show "area under the curve". What surprised me was how the G-Power car pulled hardest from 5-7k rpm. If the race had been longer, the gap would have increased further. The point had been proven without need to go much faster. Also, the G-Power car was missing the front undertray panel and windshield weather stripping, and at high speeds it becomes horsepower vs drag. I'm fixing everything while it's stored for the winter.

Compared with the older VT2-500 kits, I think the G-Power kit is quicker, but it hasn't been proven on the track. Compared with the newer VT2-525 kits that are a little cheaper and more powerful, it boils down where you want your power - upper midrange or near redline.

The G-Power's intake sits near where the stock airbox pulls its air. As long as you're moving forward, I think you're probably not pulling in much hot air from the engine.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0