View Single Post
      10-25-2012, 02:42 AM   #67
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Just for more info, ROTREX develops really high boost on 3K RPM and holds on to it till the end of the rev range. that's why you get brutal power everywhere.

I invite ESS and VF owners to just sit in a AA or Gpower or custom ROTREX build car running an S54 ofc and see how much there's a difference in driveability between V3si builds and those. you will have that jaw drop face when you realize how the car behaves in just light throttle. I have that experience and i really would like you guys to find anyone near you and go inside their car for a ride.

IMO, V3si is suited for big engines that develop really high torque on 1K RPM and not so much at the end, the V3si will boost that low zone to make a true linear power. Remember in mathematics, linear power doesn't mean how much your curve is linear.

linear HP = Integral of (second derivative of the HP curve)
Linear TQ = Integral of (TQ curve)

Using these calculations, ESS and VF curve makes absurdly low HP and TQ.

Another reason why Gpower didn't go over 450HP was that high TQ on 3K RPM and up that will reduce the life of the engine by a good margin, if Gpower had used the T1-522 instead, they would have needed a low compression motor build just to go over 520HP on the Z4M.

IronZ4M, I really would like you to post your dyno sheet over here compared to the dyno of car when it was stock, i just need you to help me prove a point here and for my own personal knowledge as well. I have been studying the behavior of the S54 for a long time and it is a very very interesting engine.
Appreciate 0