Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
What replacement problems? There are only handful of us that have swapped LSD's and I don't recall anyone ever posting issues. I had gear whine which was resolved but that was a different issue all together. Where are you reading about these problems???

For all the money being spent on this project, you'll have a Z4 that nets 10 extra hp lol. For 12k + cost of the car, I would've rather gottan a P-car, yea you can't drive a stick... PDK would've made it that much better lol.
Well there is no need to get angry now (or at least this is the feeling I get from reading your post).

It might not have been in this forum, but I read that some people were getting some grinding in the LSD after the swap. In any case this is not something I am willing to consider just yet.

I do not see what is the problem with the 10 extra hp. So OK, it is not going to be the original 25-30 that I was hoping for, but then again this engine, apparently, does not allow much in the way of performance tuning.

Only about 1/3rd of the total cost will actually go towards the 10 hp increase (which in fact I am hoping to be a bit higher), which I am happy with since I now understand the tuning limitations of the engine. The rest of the money is purely for cosmetic modifications, and weight reduction is not my primary goal here but rather making the car look the way I like it and I do believe that most will agree that this last bit is PRICELESS. So I didn't order a brand new, before the E89, ánd I didn't choose the right colour, and leather, and rims. Its fine, and I am willing to spend money to rectify that.

P.S.: And for your information, I can drive a manual, the fact of the matter is that I do not want to. I still have my dealership car and it is a manual. One is more than enough. Now I want to treat myself to the joy of the automatic for the time being.

Last edited by Arxangel; 01-17-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0