Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
to be perfectly honest, why don't u just trade for an m coupe and bite the bullet on the manual gearbox? i understand ur considerations but the amount of money u have calculated to spend is far in excess of being reasonable for the amount of performance improvement u will notice + actually get.

regardless, check how much u'll pay to import a gruppe m from japan as opposed to the usa. ur quote for an m bumper is also way too expensive - usd$500 is a lot more of a fair price. as opposed to a completely new paint job, u might want to consider vinyl wrap to preserve the original oem finish and reduce those costs dramatically as well.
Well I have send an email to Gruppe M, but so far have received no answer. I am willing to spend that much money on this car rather than get an M. I just like to surprise racers on the road with a car that does not look fast. After all the 2.2 engine has the same looking exhaust. For someone who is not a fan of BMW, and even if they are it would still be difficult to see the difference on the Z4 as it is not a very popular model here, it would look just like a normal car until I decide to throttle it . Besides, I plan to drive the car stock for a while to get used to pull and the handling and performance. Then when I make improvements I will be able to actually notice them, and even if they are small I would still be happy with the money spent.

As for the M bumper, I might be wrong about the price, which makes things even better. I have to call the dealership tomorrow and ask for the exact price. Also, I am not really a fan of any wrapping, even window tints. Its either a new paint job or no paint job at all. I like the look of the paint and I will try to choose an original BMW colour and paint.

Any ideas for the cooling system? I know BMW offers a Performance Kit for the 120d and 320d that includes a chip and a more powerful fan and a secondary radiator, which is very cool. I know there isn't a ready kit for the Z4 but still I have not been able to find a larger or high capacity radiator or a more powerful fan.
Appreciate 0