View Single Post
      10-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto88 View Post
i find two issues with the gpower kit personally that dissuade me from purchasing it completely
1.) the orange, i think it would be more difficult than usual to 'smog' the car even if i am in california with that orange
2.) domestic support (for america i mean) - at least vf is in southern california.
Same here. I'm still pretty set on getting a CSL type airbox, but the G-Power is so tempting with the crazy amount of torque it puts out at low psi. It takes the ESS kit about 50-70% more psi to reach the same torque. Lately I've been thinking that I'm going to have to deal with smog regardless of getting a CSL type airbox or supercharging, so why not go all the way.

I discounted the VF kit because of the Air/water intercooler. Air/water is only better than Air/Air if you use ice water. Once the water reaches ambient temperature it's downhill from there. I'm still not entirely sure what kind of intercooler the G-power uses since the description says "Air/water recuperator with front mount intercooler."

As to the orange: I agree, the G-Power is hideous, not so much the color but the design of it. If I did get the G-Power I'd powdercoat the whole thing black, blower included.

In the end for me it would be between ESS (proven, reliable) or G-Power (crazy torque at low psi).