View Single Post
      01-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

yea it’s a tad custom. we thought it was a simple job of wiping the vin and replacing it with my vin at first as everything was the same between the I and SI, but later found out that there is a slight difference with the tourqe converter. but that shouldent have posed a problem as the car still drove and started just fine and ran great. the problem is it seemed like the clutch was slipping when you hammered it.

we looked in deeper and found their are other parts of the car within the guage cluster programming and other parts that caused a fualt these where why i was still showing faults on the code reader, so their is other programming other than the ECU that tells the car its an I or an SI. so what we are dooing now is taking my I ecu and just removing the engine programming and replacing it with the SI programming vs. just using SI programming. so even manual transmissions will have to be done this way as the problem isn’t centered around the transmission.

I should have the reworked ECU in a week or two and will let you know.

from what I’ve been told a ECU with this recoding will give us the power of the SI and when they add the tuned SI ESS software on top of that a possible 15 HP will be added. So 270hp is possible.

we will have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0