Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo//SD View Post
I had Super Sports (OEM tire sizes) installed two weeks ago and the car has been transformed. But then again, the car had Goodyear Eagle F1 all season performance tires...
^ this is pretty compelling. Now I am chomping at the bit to get new tires too (if anything, just to get the stock conti's OFF the car). The current rebate on the PSS makes them a pretty good deal right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
When I was at the shop getting my alignment my mechanic told me his displeasure with Michelin tires. He showed me a set that had nearly 90% life left but the tire started to separate between the grooves (issue was more predominant with PS2's, but these are similar). He said it's to do with the corners between the grooves being 90 degree cuts instead of rounded off. Lots of high speed turning causes too much stress and they give in that area. He recommended Bridgestone RE-11 tires. You can actually see the rounding of the edge. Never noticed it before.
^ The Pilot Sport PS2's versus the PSS.... the PS2s are a little pricier but dont seem to be as well rated as the PSS. Does this have anything to do with it? I've never heard of anyone else complaign about PSS's. Ever.

Right now for stock sizes and after rebate were looking at:
$934 for a set of PSS's
$988 for a set of PS2's
- or-
$562 for a set of V12's

Last edited by gtMc; 06-09-2012 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0