06-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
I picked up a rear set two weekends ago. They are fairly quiet and grip really good, but that was expected.

When I was at the shop getting my alignment my mechanic told me his displeasure with Michelin tires. He showed me a set that had nearly 90% life left but the tire started to separate between the grooves (issue was more predominant with PS2's, but these are similar). He said it's to do with the corners between the grooves being 90 degree cuts instead of rounded off. Lots of high speed turning causes too much stress and they give in that area. He recommended Bridgestone RE-11 tires. You can actually see the rounding of the edge. Never noticed it before.

Not trying to sell anyone on other tires just interesting news I saw first hand. Although he does carry Bridgestone tires in the shop and not Michelin. I do know a guy that tracks his M and he uses the RE-11's and loves them both street and track.

Anyways .. so far I am really happy with the super sports in both dry and wet conditions. Just something to point out.

Thanks for the input... How do they look compared to the stock Contis? If you have stock wheels,... did you stay with the stock tire sizes? I also like the RE-11's and the Ventus R-S3's... Throw Nitto NT05's in there as well.. With that said, I am still leaning towards the PSS...

Last edited by MHeavNC; 06-05-2012 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0