View Single Post
      06-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

I picked up a rear set two weekends ago. They are fairly quiet and grip really good, but that was expected.

When I was at the shop getting my alignment my mechanic told me his displeasure with Michelin tires. He showed me a set that had nearly 90% life left but the tire started to separate between the grooves (issue was more predominant with PS2's, but these are similar). He said it's to do with the corners between the grooves being 90 degree cuts instead of rounded off. Lots of high speed turning causes too much stress and they give in that area. He recommended Bridgestone RE-11 tires. You can actually see the rounding of the edge. Never noticed it before.

Not trying to sell anyone on other tires just interesting news I saw first hand. Although he does carry Bridgestone tires in the shop and not Michelin. I do know a guy that tracks his M and he uses the RE-11's and loves them both street and track.

Anyways .. so far I am really happy with the super sports in both dry and wet conditions. Just something to point out.
Appreciate 0