View Single Post
      02-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #7
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Thx guys, everyone, very much appreciated for the feedback.
Shipping the car itself isn't going to be an issue as when I leave here, ill have to get a 40 foot container anyways, so it will fit in quite nicely.

is it possible to drive the car as is in Oz (import as personal property) as a left hand drive car? (only looking at this option as I have pretty much refurbed this whole car from top to bottom) I know in NSW there are tons of American imports driving around with just a sticker on the rear saying "LHD"

Its not the original buyout price that worries me, its just that ive spent nearly the same amount on refurbing this car than I bought the car for, which I know ill get nothing back for. The list is pretty extensive, with only pretty much the waterpump and the rod bearings to go. (planned later in may)..

So if at all possible, id like to hang on to this car, I know its complete history and previously belonged to another enthusiast, its been in a few car magazines and besides the cash, probably spent way to much time on it, spannering in my garage.

Krusty, thanks for your numbers mate, that's actually a lot more M's than I thought. Ive seen 1 M driving around in Adelaide (a few weeks ago) and ive seen a few 3.0's in Perth. Pretty special looking cars, no wonder old mate in Oz are holding onto theirs.

Luckily I have time on my side, might have to have a look at the Australian RTA website, if it has any info in importing a private car...