View Single Post
      09-19-2014, 08:19 AM   #1
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Impromptu Poll - Z4 vs R8

So, the other day I was driving home from work around 5:00 pm in the Z4 through a residential area of town when I came upon a busy four-way stop. I glanced up and across the intersection from me was a gleaming black Audi R8. This thing looked totally mean; I imagined that if Darth Vader were ever to buy a car, this menacing beast sitting across from me would have been his choice. “I really should have washed the Z last night” I thought, as I contemplated the flow of traffic in front of me and the group of about eight 10 to 12 year olds waiting to cross in front of me. As they began to cross the street, I wasn’t at all surprised when a couple of them looked over at the Audi and said “hey guys – look at the wicked R8!”. I smiled to myself, hoping the Audi driver would appreciate that most sincere of compliments. I wasn’t expecting the next bit when the remaining six kids ignored the “Tie-Fighter Advance on wheels” across from me altogether, and each of them, one by one, commented enthusiastically on the Z with things like “nice car mister” and a thumbs up. Definitely a nice moment. So, with a wave and a really big smile, I was off.

Made my day!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0