View Single Post
      03-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Supersprint Powerloop vs. Race Mufflers

Purpose is for a direct comparison between the 2 Supersprint muffler options. Same car, same setup except for the mufflers. Similar ambient temperature in all videos except the race muffler revving video, which was ~15 F warmer than the others. Setup: 07 Z4MC, AFE Intake, Euro Header, DKF Section 1 w/ 300 cell cats, Rogue Engineering Section 2, Supersprint race/powerloop mufflers.

My thoughts:

Sound:
Race is significantly louder. Much more instance of drone with the race (very minimal to no drone with the powerloops). The tone of the race is a bit higher pitched compared to the powerloops, which had a very deep bass sound to them. I won't comment on absolute sound since that is subjective and YMMV based on other mods.

Looks:
They pretty much look the same, but the trained eye can see the difference. Looks are obviously subjective, but IMO, the tips looked beefier/more refined with the powerloops.

Performance:
I did notice a difference upon replacing the powerloops with the race - the car is more alive. I think the powerloops were bottle necking my exhaust flow with my setup. Again, YMMV - don't expect significant performance increases with an all stock setup and switching to either of these mufflers.
Appreciate 0