Forbes
Daily driver/Weekend mechanic
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0i  [6.00]
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I purchased the SmartTop module. It's a very simple install. Pull the speaker panel behind the driver's seat and the second access panel closer to the door, unplug the oem top module to insert the Smart Top module inline..that's it. Yes, the top goes up and down much more often.

All remote SmartTop features are operated using the FOB's open button. Each feature may be turned on or off individually and customized. Mine is set like this: press twice to roll down windows, two times lowers the windows & top, four times, top down, windows up. Pressing this number of times again will do the reverse action. I set in-cabin one touch operations to be allowed at a speed up to 20 kmh.

Overall, I'm super satisfied. But I miss my oem settings where the windows stay at half mast, and would consider a swap to a module that retains that option.

A word of caution; if you're not careful when unlocking the passenger door, you might unintendedly activate the top. Although this is not a danger, it can make you look daft on a rainy day.

Last edited by Forbes; 10-18-2015 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0