08-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #109
Chuck I
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Z4 + '07 ///M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLF View Post
I am thinking about relocating my sport button (over to the air bag light position) and in its place install start button. But I would like to have the sport button function reversed so that I need to push to disengage as I always drive with it and the DTC engaged. (now you need to push each time you start engine)
You would think that if I could wire a start button I could figure this out. I am lost May not be possible but I thought I would ask. You see what I drive.
It's simple enough to move the Sport button over (you will have to extend the 5 wires). The hole is exactly the same size. You won't be able to change the function though... It's programmed to come up in the OFF position. And btw, that Sport Button is no "normal" on/off button. It's designed to give a momentary LOW signal to the DME. Another thought would be to put your new Start Button in where the cigarette lighter is... It will fit there too... Another note, the Airbag light needs to be plugged in. The indicator lamp is diagnosed and monitored. If a fault is seen in either the power supply or the lamp, the airbag warning light will come on. Believe me, I made the mistake of turning my car on while the button was removed... If I can help, drop me a pm.. Chuck I
Appreciate 0