View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #34
herragge
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
By the way, this reminds me. I brought new bumper support brackets for both left and right side since the bumper was sagging a little. Upon installing the new ones, I could not for the life of me get the bumper to snap back in. The 2 outer most tabs would snap in but never the middle one. I even resorted to shaving off a micro layer off the tabs with a razor blade but still no dice.

I then pulled out the flash light and took a close look at the bumper brackets. I couldn't compare it to the old one because by then I had already broken them into a million pieces BUT I noticed the new brackets have these nubs inside that block the bumper from snapping back in. I don't know if this is a new design but it basically required me to pull out the dremel and create 2 new slots in the bumper to clip in. The bumper already has 1 slot... Using the Mr. Rogers's pics, the left circle shows where the existing slot is. The 2 to the right were where I had to create new ones.
Quick follow up question about the plastic support brackets. Why is it that the new support brackets didn't have allocations for the tabs from the bumper already? Is it the wrong part number? I have them as: 51117165179, 51117165180. My reference is http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...0&postcount=17
Appreciate 0