03-24-2013, 10:57 PM   #29
Rekla
Hug the road... Carpe Asphalt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 ///M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtorreride View Post
Thanks for the this thread on bumper removal. I'm in the process of removing my coupes bumper and have of couple of questions before I continue with the removal. First under the lower edge of the bumper I removed a total of four 8mm bolts which are located on the underside of the fangs, two on each side. I also removed three screws located between the fangs. Are these the correct and screws/bolts that you are referring to? Also I attempted to pull off the bumper by the headlight with a good amount of force and it did not budge. Are there any tricks that might help me get the bumper separated from the fender. I did grab the bumper below the clip that holds the two together. Should I pull forward, down or out to get them to separate? How about carefully prying the two apart with a screwdriver?
Just pull out in a horizontal movement away from the fender, wiggle it a little back and forth. Eventually it will come off. Do not use a screw driver - you might end up breaking those fragile brakets...