View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Ive been talking with some people over at ACPT (Advanced Composite Products and technology) and Im trying to get something going with these guys to try and pump out a few Carbon Fiber Driveshafts.

The gains would be pretty decent in terms of how much more usable power you will have to the wheels, especially for all you SC'd Z4M's out there (fr8tdog,Beedub,etc)

I think this is just another edge that hasnt been explored yet and I am wondering how many of you are down for this.

And second, who has a complete Z4 M driveshaft assembly for ACPT to use as a model since this concept for the Z4 M is rather new.

the link to their website :http://www.acpt.com/driveshaft/driveshafts.html

I think everyone here understands basic physics and laws of rotational mass.

Im not saying this will get you into the 10's but its a pretty neat MOD that will yield and yield plenty of benefit in the long run. The carbon driveshafts these guys produce are rated up to 1000 horses or some crazy number like that.

A lot vettes use em and Semi's and such.

Just wanted to see if anyones interested in jumping in on this and maybe....maybe a group buy. i think 7 to 900 dollars might be forseeable as far as a price is concerned ( my best guess)

photo attached is just an idea of what it could look like. disregard the brand on the bottom ACPT says they can do it
Attached Images

Last edited by Z4-VILLA; 06-06-2011 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0