View Single Post
      04-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #98
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

50 in a 35 is nothing in a coupe. Its not an obscene rate of speed by any means, just a bad judgement call if the road did have as much debris as in the picture.

In my experience, on a clear road the posted speed limit seems to be about half of what the car can handle. If he was doing 50 he wasn't doing anything crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Gotta disagree with this point. I have a TGB 150cc Scooter which I have ridden over 11K miles. This is in the heart of Atlanta with lots of traffic congestion so have had lots of "close calls". IMO the scooter has plenty of umph and handles like no motorcycle can due to the extremely low center of gravity. It handles amazingly well and brakes on a dime too. On top of this, it is much easier to get off of in a no win situation as I am not hugging the bike with my legs. I wear full protective gear at all times.

I would recommend one for kids. No passengers, great fuel economy, top speed 65mph...

A sport bike and a teenager is just asking for trouble IMO...

As for the OP. I found it interesting he stated: "There was absolutely no racing around or anything of the type. It was a lack of traction." (with no mention of the speed limit) and we later find the SL was 35 and he was driving 50mph on the windy, narrow section of road...