View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

The owner of this BMW E92 3 series coupe came by to have me wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim that was on his car. He actually did one side, but ran out of materials trying to do the other side, so he brought me his car to finish the job. He told me that he had purchased matte black materials, but as you can see from the pictures, his matte black material was actually a lot closer to a flat black (chalk board-ish) finish versus the strip of my matte black material on his window trim in the pictures below.

I am not a fan of the flat black shade or finish, since it looks more like faded a greyish black trim versus how new matte black trim typically looks like. Note, the owner of this car did the install with a seam in the back. However, when I do all of my window trim installs, everything is done seamlessly and in one piece.

Luckily for the owner of this car, I have several shades of black that I keep on hand, and was able to match the material he had already used. This saved him from having two different shades on either side of the car, or having to completely redo the window trim that was already done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0