Drives: 95 M3, 15 i3, 17 M3 Frz Wht

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW i3 REX  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [10.00]
2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
luckily, if you ruin your rear fenders with rolling and pulling, they're easy to take off and replace
hah if sh!t hits the fan you'll have an excuse for fender flares or widebody... lets hope it never comes to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Problem is not the fenders. Problem is the trailing arm. Even at 18"x9.5" et 26 on 275/35/18s, on hard corner the tires (R-Comps) deflect enough to touch the trailing arm. Anything wider than that foot-print (typical of Nitto, the 275s probably run about 10mm wider than equivalent street tires) with offset one way or another will rub either on the trailing arm, or fender if no additional camber is added. So for example, a 285/XX/?? tire will likely either rub the trailing arm if the wheel is wider than 10" with et in the 25 or more range, or it will rub the fender if et is in the 20 or less range. And you can forget running anything like an extreme summer or R-Comps, since those tend to run wider than typical street tires. 285 on 10" with 25mm may clear with the rear camber maxed out, but will still likely rub the trailing arm when suspension is loaded at high G for extended time (high speed sweepers).
i havent really considered the trailing arm. took a look just now and it looks like i have about an inch of clearance and no signs of contact. i'll keep an eye out for any rubbing on that spot. ty